Monday, March 24, 2008

Butcher


Hey! So I haven't posted for awhile and I have no cool new pics. SORRY! I'm boring. So over the easter weekend I did not get to go home for the easter egg hunt instead the fam and I stayed home and slaughtered a cow. It was given to us by a friend of brants that is a dairy man. The cow had broke her hip so Brant went and did the dirty work on the dairy and quartered the cow and brought it home, with the help of his Dad. He was so exshausted when he got home it took them about 4 to 5 hours. He was excited when he told me about the cow but then when he got home from the dirty work he said "I'm not doing that again." I couldn't help but laugh.
Then Isaac had to tell everyone that came to our home that there was a cow in our garage.
So butchering took place on friday night and then into saturday. So all in all about a total of hours of butchering. That was with the help of Brants Mom, Dad, brother, sister, and myself. But it is well worth the food supply that hopefully will last us close to a year. The lord surely does bless us, free cow and we did the butchering ourself so I think we came out ahead.
FYI Brants Grandfather and Father use to run a meat market back in the day. His grandfather has passed away but his Dad still seems to know what he is doing. Brant has many fond memories of spending time with his grandfather unfortunatly I never did get to meet him.
Isaac was bummed that we were not going to g-mas for the easter egg hunt so he got to go to the Preston easter egg hunt with my friend Kelli and also they dyed eggs together. What a great friend I have to hang with my kid.:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!lol I love blessings that end up being huge in the long run. Gracie was bummed that they didn't get to go to Grandma's for the easter egg hunt too.