Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apricot dessert??

Okay, so I canned some apricot nectar last year and was bound to use it to make something wonderful. I also had plenty of oatmeal in storage. So, I was thinking nothing could taste bad with fruit, sugar, whipped cream, and butter. Oh yeah all the good stuff. So I made something wonderful, but still need help naming it. So what should I call this?

First I mixed:

1 pint of my apricot nectar
1 cup Bisquick
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp lemon juice

Pour into a 9'x13' greased pan.



Then I mixed:

1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup melted butter
4 T brown sugar



Sprinkle on top of first mixture.



Bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
It was great warm and don't forget to top with whipping cream or ice cream!! YUMMY!!



It reminded me of peaches and cream oatmeal.
Don't forget to leave a comment and help me name it:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PEACHES & CREAM YUMMO DESSERT!!! :)

Unknown said...

It looks like peach crisp... like apple crisp.

Tweena, Cheena, Whatever... said...

It looks like I had the Apricot trots and Oatmeal to top it off!hehe. I'm kidding. It looks yummy. Crispy Apes! Igeek will like that I think