
1st I scrapped loose paint from walls. Why? because I am dumb and painted over oil base paint with latex paint. I did use a latex primer but later learned that it should of been a oil based primer to switch from oil paint to latex paint. Well you live you learn.
2nd I took some joint compound and textured the walls with a trowel.
3rd I primed this time with oil based primer, and let me tell you I learned why it is not used much any more. My husband and I both got a little loopy. We felt young again. okay maybe a little but most of all I just felt like I could puck. It wasnt fun. My brain was telling me "oxygen must have oxygen." :)

4th painted a base coat of bright yellow.
5th glazed the walls with a burnt sienna and maize (mustard yellow)

3 comments:
Katie,
It looks awesome I can't wait to see it in person!!
hey there you little crafty mommy, you! it looks great. i love that you have the blue and orange-my favorite complimentary color combonation. it makes the room so bright and welcoming. the white trim on the window sill makes a very crisp look, too. well done, well done.
Mick,
You don't know what that compliment means coming from a graduate of interior design. Thanks so much
Post a Comment