Saturday, April 5, 2008

At Home

So since Brant and I have been home together we decided to finish some incomlete projects we have. Oh by the way Brant is feeling well and is out and about so he can help me. But if he stays up to long his knee with swell and ache so he just has to take it easy.
Anyway back to the projects. I have been working on adding some texture to the walls in our front room. I just took joint compound and started spreading it on the walls with a big scaper. I wanted it to look like plastered walls with med amount of texture. Then I have two ideas for paint (1) golden yellow base color and rusty red wash (glaze) over the yellow. or (2) tight tan base color and dark brown wash (glaze) over the tan. So I realy wanted to do the yellow but we have thought about moving and selling our house (we never planned on staying here the rest of our lives, we want more propery). If we do decide to sell I thought that the tan would probably be a better selling color then the yellow.:)
Then we repainted our bathroom wich had some patched holes because we added another outlet and lights above the mirror. The new color is a tuqoise and it matches my shower curtain better than the old color. Brant has also been working on some trim up stairs, so we have plenty to keep us busy.
I have been taking pictures of the work I have been up to. So when my antique camera has run out of film I will try and get it developed and post the pics on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like lot's of fun!!

You've been tagged, go to my blog and see.